I am located in South Dakota and I am certified and trained to provide online narrative therapy in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Florida.
Narrative therapy is a style of therapy that helps people become—and embrace being—an expert in their own lives. In narrative therapy, there is an emphasis on the stories that you develop and carry with you through your life.
These are the core aspects of narrative therapy:
- The deconstruction of problematic and dominant storylines or narratives
- Breaking the narrative into smaller and more manageable chunks
- Rewriting the script of the problematic and dominant storylines
- Broadening your view and moving toward healthier storylines (this is also called the unique outcomes technique, which may help us better understand our experiences and emotions)
- What is true for one person may not be true for another person
- Externalizing the problem because you are not your problem
- A healthy narrative will also help us make meaning and see purpose
Individuals, couples, and families can all benefit from narrative therapy. Those who define themselves by their problems, whose lives are dominated by such feelings as “I am a depressed person” or “I am an anxious person” can learn to see their problem as something they have but not something that identifies who they are.
This form of therapy can be helpful for people who suffer from these conditions, among others:
- Eating problems
- General difficulties with emotion regulation
Source: psychology today
Therapy Session: 45 minutes
Phone sessions: $200
Video Sessions: $225
Longer session times are available upon request and the cost is prorated based on 15 minute increments.
Sessions are conducted through a HIPAA compliant video or phone option.
Payment methods: self-pay
*All major credit cards are accepted.
*HSA/FSA/HRA accepted as long as you have a card connected the account and can be processed through credit card processing.
*I will provide a super bill for you as an out-of-network provider but I do not submit paperwork to the insurance companies.
*I do work with a company that works as an intermediary between you and the insurance company, they do all of the work to help you get reimbursed. (More information about this process will be posted here soon, in the meantime, you can contact me for more information)